Cash App is an incredibly quick and convenient way to send and receive cryptocurrency directly from your mobile device.
|IMPORTANT: Verifying your Cash App account can take up to 48 hours. This only needs to be done once, and from that point on your transactions will be quick and easy. But, if you are in a hurry to use cryptocurrency for the first time, we recommend the Edge App which has a much faster initial verification process.|
This guide includes steps for:
- Creating your Cash App account
- Funding your Cash App account
- Buying Bitcoin
- Depositing to JustBet
- Withdrawing from JustBet
To install Cash App on your mobile, just head to your App Store or Play Store and search for “Cash App”.
Install the app, then register an account by following these steps:
- Enter your mobile phone or email
- A confirmation code will be sent to you
- Enter this code on Cash App
- Link your bank by entering a debit card number
- Enter first and last name
- Select a personal “$Cashtag” (a unique username for your account)
- At this point, you can invite friends to use the app, or skip this step
With your Cash App account set up, first, you’ll need to load it with funds.
To do this, simply:
1. Hit the home icon at the bottom left of your screen
2. Tap “Add Cash”
3. Enter an amount and tap “Add” (funds will be pulled from the bank account you linked).
4. On the following screens, you’ll need to confirm your name, date of birth, social security number and home address.
Complete these details and the funds will immediately be added to your Cash App balance.
With your Cash App funded, you’re ready to buy Bitcoin. If this is the first time you’re using the app, you’ll need to complete verification. If you’ve already verified your account, you can skip this section.
VERIFYING YOUR ACCOUNT
1. From the app home screen, tap “Bitcoin”
2. Hit “Enable Withdrawals and Deposits”
3. Cash App will request additional details such as email, reason you are using bitcoin and questions about income & employment
4. You’ll be asked to verify your identity with a license or state ID, by scanning the front and back
NOTE: To use the scanner, you need to center your ID and place the edges of the scanner frame as close to the edges of your ID as possible. The sides of the frame will highlight blue when positioned correctly. When all four sides are blue, the photo will be taken automatically.
5. Last, take a clear, well-lit photo of your face
The app will begin processing your ID for verification. This could take up to 48 hours.
You will see the “Verification in Progress” message on your screen now. As soon as verification is completed, this message will be removed and you’ll get an email and/or text message confirmation.
BUYING BITCOIN (ONCE ACCOUNT IS VERIFIED)
To buy Bitcoin, go to the “Investing” section of the app.
- This is the wavy line (ticket tape icon) at the bottom of the screen
- Tap this, then on the next screen, you’ll see “Stocks” and “Bitcoin” at the top. Choose “Bitcoin”.
- Hit the “Buy” button
- Select an amount and hit “Next”
- On the next screen hit “Confirm”
NOTE: If this is the first time you are buying Bitcoin, you will be asked to choose a 4-digit Cash PIN
Now that you have Bitcoin available on your Cash App account, it’s time to fund your sports account.
First, go to the JustBet website since that’s where you will be getting the address to send the funds to.
Just log in to your account and follow these steps:
- Open the Cashier
- Select Deposit
- Select Bitcoin
- Enter the amount to deposit (this must be the exact amount you want to deposit)
- Claim a bonus (optional)
- Hit GET ADDRESS
You will now need to copy this address. Just tap anywhere on the address or on the small copy icon (like two sheets of paper) to the right. Please do NOT type addresses by hand. Always use the copy-paste tool!
Next, return to Cash App and:
- Go to the “Bitcoin” section
- Hit “Withdraw Bitcoin”
- Choose your amount and hit “Withdraw” at the bottom
- Now, you can either scan the QR code from the JustBet cashier or hit “ENTER MANUALLY” to paste the Bitcoin address you copied a moment ago
- Confirm the transfer and you’re done!
Your deposit will now be posted to the blockchain. It usually takes 10-60 minutes for deposits to be confirmed.
You can check the status on any crypto transaction by going to the blockchain website and entering your deposit’s address: https://www.blockchain.com/explorer
Making a withdrawal from JustBet to Cash App is just as easy as depositing.
- From the Home tab, go to the “Bitcoin” section.
- Hit “Deposit Bitcoin”
- Hit “Copy Address”
Now, go to your JustBet account and:
- Open the Cashier
- Select Withdraw
- Choose Bitcoin
- Choose the amount
- Paste the Bitcoin address you had copied from your EDGE App
- Hit Verify Withdraw
- Request the code to your mobile phone to confirm the payout
It normally takes only 2-3 hours for your withdrawal to be sent, but may take up to 48 hours in some rare cases.
NOTE: We highly recommend withdrawing your Bitcoin out of your Edge wallet as soon as you receive it. This way you can protect yourself against any possible drop in the value of Bitcoin.
- Go to the “Investing” section
- Hit “Bitcoin” at the top of the screen
- Tap on “Sell”
4. Confirm the amount and hit “Confirm”
With your funds converted back to USD, the final step is to take them out of your Cash App wallet and move them to your personal bank account.
1. Go to the Home tab of the app
2. Just below your cash balance, hit “Cash Out”
3. Confirm the amount, and hit “Cash Out” one more time
4. Choose “Standard” (takes about 3 days) or “Instant” (immediate, but for a fee)
5. Select your bank and enter your bank login details
6. A confirmation code will be sent to you. Enter it to confirm, and your withdrawal is complete.
If you have trouble with any of these steps, remember our dedicated Bitcoin team is standing by and can be reached anytime on Live Chat or at 1-855-535-4947.